Reportedly, action will also be taken against the cellular company if their unregistered SIM is used in any terrorist activity.
According to details, it was told in Pakistan Telecommunication Authority’s (PTA) meeting chaired by Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar that as many as 70 million SIMs have been registered so far whereas some 20 million unregistered SIMs have been shut down.
It was decided in the meeting to extend the deadline until May 15. Talking in the meeting, Interior Minister said that the blocked SIMs will not be restored after May 15.
He said there will be no compromise on country’s security.